Thai Chicken and Coconut Salad Serves 4, Prep and Cook 30 mins
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers 2 large chicken breasts (750g), trimmed
- 1 tblsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tblsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 100g mixed salad leaves, washed 1 medium carrot, peeled, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice 3 tsps sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- Put all ingredients together in a small jug.
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthways. Scrape out the seeds. Cut diagonally into thin slices.
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally in half through the side to give two thinner pieces. Place in a bowl with paste, sauce and oil. Toss well to coat.
- Heat an oiled, large barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook, for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Thinly slice chicken. Place in a medium bowl with 4 cups of the dressing. Toss.
- To serve, combine cucumbers, salad leaves, carrot and herbs in a large bowl. Top with chicken. Spoon over remaining dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts.
TIP Add dressing to salad just before serving to prevent it from going soggy. You can replace the breasts with chicken stir-fry strips and cook in a large, hot wok instead of the grill plate.