A delicious and popular addition to any social gathering, these truffles will enhance any spread.
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cup Rice Bubbles
- 350g milk chocolate, chopped
- White-Choc Pistachio Strawberries, to serve (see tip)
- Place dark chocolate, peanut butter, cream and extract in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove and cool slightly. Refrigerate until firm.
- Combine nuts and Rice Bubbles in a medium bowl.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into balls. Roll in Rice Bubble mixture, pressing into balls. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate until firm.
- Place milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Using two forks, dip truffles, one at a time, in melted chocolate to coat. Drain off excess. Return to tray. Refrigerate until set.
If milk chocolate starts to set before you finish coating truffles, repeat step 4.
Serve the truffles with White-Choc Pistachio Strawberries. To make
them, simply dip strawberries into melted white chocolate, then roll in finely chopped unsalted pistachios. Refrigerate strawberries until set.