- 80g butter, melted
- 250g (3/4 cup) condensed milk
- 250g plain sweet biscuits (eg. Marie biscuits)
- 90g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- Juice from one lemon
- Grated lemon zest from one lemon
- 360g icing sugar
- 90g butter softened to room temperature
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Grease and line a 22cm x 32cm rectangular slice dish with baking paper.
- Crush biscuits and place into a bowl.
- Add coconut and grated lemon rind.
- Mix to combine.
- Add melted butter, condensed milk and lemon juice to the biscuit mixture.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Press mixture into prepared tin.
- Place into fridge.
- In a bowl whisk icing sugar, butter and lemon juice until creamy and “frosting like”. If frosting is too thick to spread add a little more lemon juice.
- Spread the frosting over the slice, sprinkle with the extra coconut and place back into the fridge and allow to set completely.
- Cut into slices.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Sharing our joys and learnings.