A favourite dessert for summer with a beautiful lime flavour.
Serves 6-8, Prep: 20 minutes, Cook 45 minutes.
- 200g plain sweet biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- Whipped cream and shredded lime rind to decorate
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup cooking cream
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- ½ cup lime juice
- Invert base of a 20cm round spring-form pan (base measuring 18cm). Grease and line with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and up side of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make the filling, place all ingredients in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 45 minutes, or until just set. Remove and cool completely.
- Remove side from pan. Slide pie onto serving plate. Cut into wedges. Decorate with whipped cream and shredded lime rind.
This tasty pie can be made up to three days ahead. Keep covered in the fridge and decorate just before serving.