A delicious meal that is quick to make.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 125g middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- 1 Massel chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden and browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens and bacon is golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer 1/4 of the bacon mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Return chicken to pan with cream, stock, parmesan and 1 1/3 cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in peas and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with reserved cooked bacon. Serve with crusty bread.
The sauce is quite thin, so bread or rice would be a good addition. Corn flour can be used to thicken the sauce if preferred.
From One-pan creamy chicken and bacon recipe (taste.com.au) (5-Jan-2020)