SERVES 6 PREP 20 MINS COOK 35 MINS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- ¼ cup Leggo’s Pizza Sauce
- 500g jar Leggo’s Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 400g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- I egg, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 250g fresh lasagne sheets
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and add Leggo’s Pizza Sauce, Leggo’s Bolognese Pasta Sauce and water. Cook sauce uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, parsley, egg, ½ cup of the mozzarella, and the parmesan in a bowl.
- Place a small amount of bolognese sauce in the base of a 5cm-deep, 20cm x 28cm lasagne dish and cover with a single layer of lasagne sheets. Top with half of the bolognese sauce, 1/3 cup mozzarella, a layer of lasagne sheets, the ricotta mixture and remaining lasagne sheets. Finish with remaining bolognese sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake lasagne in a preheated oven at 1800C for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
TASTY TIP: Pour the cup of water into the empty jar of bolognese sauce and swirl before adding to the meat to ensure you use all the sauce!
You must log in to post a comment.