Beat the winter chill with a bowl of warming comfort food. Courtney Roulston’s Slow Cooked Pork & Lemongrass Curry is wholesome and full of flavour, making it the perfect family dinner.
Get at least one brand new video every week, including recipes, kitchen hacks and handy cooking tips to help you feed your family and friends: https://www.youtube.com/coles
Slow Cooked Pork & Lemongrass Curry Recipe by Courtney Roulston
Serves 4 Prep 10 mins Cooking 1 hour 40 mins
- 1 large lemongrass stem, trimmed, sliced
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 long green chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 800g pork shoulder, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 4 medium potatoes, washed, quartered
- 2 cups (400g) long-grain white rice
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (110g) green beans, trimmed, halved
- 200ml coconut cream
- ¼ bunch coriander, to serve Lime wedges, to serve
- Place the lemongrass in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, half the chilli, if using, and a pinch of salt. Process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass mixture and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until aromatic. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 min. Add the pork, fish sauce, honey and 1½ cups (375ml) water or enough water to just cover the pork. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the pork is tender. Add the potato and cook for a further 25-30 mins or until the potato is just tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice and boiling water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook until the liquid is absorbed. Reduce heat to low. Cover and allow to steam for 15 mins or until the rice is tender.
- Add the beans and coconut cream to the pork mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 2 mins or until the beans are just tender. Sprinkle with coriander and the remaining chilli, if using. Serve curry with the rice and lime wedges.
Want more dinner recipes? Check out our ‘Weeknight meals from the pantry’ playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…, which includes: